Monday, July 16, 2012

Darkness




drenched in cold louring rain
numbness slowly creeping through 
glancing towards the gloomy overcast
haunting clouds of grey i see
must see what lies ahead of this path, this path which seems boundless
surrounded by thick walls, walls which seems are closing on me
ground wet and grime
pulling my feet under the soiled surface, making each step difficult than the last
enduring the constant deafening sound of thunder and blinding white lights
now moving towards what seems like a light
an opening at the end
just then a faint sound behind
indistinct shapes in the gloom

faint sounds from behind, gaining ground
shivers run down, feeling hard breaths 
breathing down my neck
Darkness engulfs me
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, your dark side. I hope you write more poetry, want to read more like this.

    ReplyDelete